Friday, August 13, 2010

Bedtime Story

So the other evening I started thinking about things that are super relaxing.

 Enter the clothes dryer.
 Who can deny the wonder of its mesmerizing hum. The soft thuds of our clothes tumbling along inside it, and the occasional clack of a button or metal zipper. I actually got a little sleepy thinking about my dryer. Maybe it is even better than an aquarium bubbling along beside the sofa.

 Too often, people (myself included) build homes with the laundry room away from any sort of living area. I am thinking this might be a huge mistake. My laundry room is off a spare bedroom in my home. I can see myself slipping in there from time to time when I need a little help to fall asleep and have run out of ...
sleepy-juice.  There is that pesky buzzer at the end of the dry cycle that would almost certainly wake me from my slumber but I have learned now that I can silence the demon buzzer with the touch of a button. Provided I remember to click the quiet button when I start the dryer, I should do just fine.

Sorry Guinness, I got a new friend now! Who am I kidding, I still loves me Guinness.

 Sleep tight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment